Looking for something? In Tonnerre de Brest there are plenty of things!

All About Valentín VN

Translate TdB

Read Tonnerre de Brest in your language

English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified  TdB RSS - Feedburner

January 21, 2009

2

Japan, Ghosts.

Japan is a British group that was at its peak whe they released the classic Gentlement Takes Pollaroids and Tin Drum. But my Favourite song Japan produced was Ghosts. It is a moody, melancholic and minimalist song with an almost rubato tempo. It was an incredible top five charted. And if you listen to this videos, you would discover something that is not really pop-rock. Perhaps this could be considered Art-Rock, instead of New Wave.

The funny thing about this song is that last Wednesday (January the 14th, 2009) I was in H&M and this song was being played at the musical environment system. And I feel really happy listening to it.

The sound of this song is so electric and new that the acoustic marimba is a surprise at the refrain. David Sylvan is the amazing voice after this poetic piece of music. Enjoy.

This is the original video. It is recorded alive.
Japan - Ghosts

[via Hossinfeffa]

And this the live recording of one of the Japan Shows.

[via Galgo23]

When the room is quiet
The daylight almost gone
It seems there's something I should know
Well, I ought to leave
But the rain it never stops
And I've no particular place to go

Just when I think I'm winning
When I've broken every door
The ghosts of my life
Blow wilder than before
Just when I thought I could not be stopped
When my chance came to be king
The ghosts of my life
Blew wilder than the wind
Well, I'm feeling nervous
Now I find myself alone
The simple life's no longer there
Once I was so sure
Now the doubt inside my mind
Comes and goes, but leads nowhere
[via lyricstime]

2 comments:

Candela said...

OOOoh!! Apenas los recordaba ya!! You made my day!!

Valentín VN said...

No son muy conocidos en la actualidad. Tuvieron una historia corta y su estilo acabó casi con ellos. Pero siguen gustándome. La segunda semana de cada mes de este año la voy a dedicar a estos grupos de new wave y new romantics.
Hope to see you around!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

This Week in Tonnerre de Brest - Recent Posts

Share this Blog

Share TONNERRE DE BREST.

Meet me

Meet me at Twitter and Facebook
Valentín VN's Twitter
    Follow Valentín VN on Twitter
    ¡Picotea conmigo!
    Mis grupos:
    Valentin VN's Google+