Looking for something? In Tonnerre de Brest there are plenty of things!

All About Valentín VN

Translate TdB

Read Tonnerre de Brest in your language

English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified  TdB RSS - Feedburner

June 15, 2009

2

The Snowman.

[via aarkangel]

The Snowman (1979) is a classic Christmas tale, perhaps because the short animation movie from 1982 is so popular or because the song Walking in the Air is also popular. But the wonderful book has the seed that wakes the reader from his dream.

The lovely story of a boy night-dreaming of having a friend that is an snowman is a great one. Everyone in his childhood wished to have this kind of special friends. Add to that, that the Snowman is a Peter Pan-like friend that takes the boy to far away places just by flying through the snow storm.

Everything comes to an end the very moment the boy wakes up. A mixture of Cinderella and Little Nemo. It is one of my favourite books (well, technically is a comicbook, but nobody would tell you that, shame on them!)

I made a post about the Snowman this very Christmas, but I would love to write about him because in the Public Library close to my home, I found the Spanish version of this silent captions book. And I don’t understand why translate something that has no words. It’s similar to Gon “translated version”, where we can se the adventures of a dinosaur that doesn’t utters a word in the whole series. The only translation is the title: El muñeco de nieve. Everything else is the same. I don’t get it when you can order the book from another country. Well, that’s the way things are. Please, enjoy the 26’ movie that I embedded here.

The Snowman (1982)

The video could be found in this link.

More links to look for:
Official Webpage.

Wikipedia Article on The Snowman.

Wikipedia Article on Raymond Briggs.

At ScreenOnline.

Official Webpage of Howard Blake, composer of the music from the film.

Toonhound on the film.

2 comments:

Candela said...

I have the dvd. Got it for €3.00 last Christmas together with a Father Christmas story. I love the Snowman. Is sad and joyful at the same time.

Valentín VN said...

I know, I show it in your post last Christmas. It doesn't matter the ending. A new winter would come and another boy would make another snowman. That's what I think.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

This Week in Tonnerre de Brest - Recent Posts

Share this Blog

Share TONNERRE DE BREST.

Meet me

Meet me at Twitter and Facebook
Valentín VN's Twitter
    Follow Valentín VN on Twitter
    ¡Picotea conmigo!
    Mis grupos:
    Valentin VN's Google+