Looking for something? In Tonnerre de Brest there are plenty of things!

All About Valentín VN

Translate TdB

Read Tonnerre de Brest in your language

English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified  TdB RSS - Feedburner

June 24, 2009

2

Yes, Tempust Fugit.

[via Wikipedia]

Yes is one of the best Prog-rock bands, you know that. But today I propose you this “other Yes”. Christ Squire, after disbanding of Jon Anderson and Rick Wakeman, invited to join to two thirds of The Buggles. Geoffrey Jones and Trevor Horn played along Squire, Howe and White. Two bands refunded into a great one.

It was a lone shot, an “only this night” LP. But listening to it, I found the sound of classic Yes…but stronger. The rock part surpasses the progressive music. In this song, Tempus Fugit, you’ll listen to complex rock patterns and riffs that sound refreshing and new (at least for a seventies band). Listening to it, I know for sure why I love bass guitar so much.

YES - TEMPUS FUGIT

YES playing TEMPUS FUGIT from the DRAMA album.

Musicians * Trevor Horn - Vocals * Chris Squire - Bass, Vocals * Steve Howe - Guitars, Vocals * Geoff Downes - Keyboards, Vocoder * Alan White - Drums, Vocals
[via JADTUBE]
Lyrics to Tempus Fugit :
(Downes, Horn, Howe, Squire, White)

Born in the night
She would run like a leopard
That freaks at the sight
Of a mind close beside herself
And the nearer I came
How the country would change
She was using the landscape
To hide herself.

More in the mind
Than the body this feeling
A sense at the end
Of a circular line
That is drawn at an angle
I see when I'm with you
To navigate waters and finally answer to-yes.

If you were there you would want to be near me
Innocence, you could hold all the materials
And though nothing would really be living
It would shock Your fall into landing light
In the north sky time flies fast to the morning
The cold of the dawn it meant nothing to us
You were keeping your best situation
An answer to-yes

(Yes, Yes) And the moment I see you
(Yes, Yes) It's so good to be near you
(Yes, Yes) And the feeling you give me
(Yes, Yes) Makes me want to be with you
(Yes, Yes) From the moment you tell me - yes

If you could see all the roads I have travelled
Towards some unusable last equilibrium
Run like an athlete and die like a dead beaten speed-freak
An answer to all of your answers to-yes

In the north sky time flies faster than morning
The cold of the dawn it meant nothing to us
You were keeping your best situation
An answer to Yes

(Yes, Yes) And the moment I see you
(Yes, Yes) It's so good to be near you
(Yes, Yes) And the feeling you give me
(Yes, Yes) Makes me want to be with you
(Yes, Yes) If we wait for an answer
(Yes, Yes) Will the silence be broken
(Yes, Yes) Should we wait for an answer
(Yes, Yes) Do we leave it unspoken

(Yes Yes Yes Yes . . .)
[ Tempus Fugit Lyrics on lyricsmania]

If you rather like more classic Yes songs, this great tunes is for you.

Yes-Starship Trooper 1973

From the YESSONGS album and video. My favorite version of Starship Trooper. Only the end was included in the concert video. I created a whole video using other footage from the show and the real ending. It will have to do unless the original film surfaces.
[via groovycleaner]
I. life seeker
(anderson)

Sister bluebird flying high above,
Shine your wings forward to the sun.
Hide the mysteries of life on your way.
Though you’ve seen them, please don’t say a word.
What you don’t know, I have never heard.

Starship trooper, go sailing on by,
Catch my soul, catch the very night.
Hide the moment from my eager eyes.
Though you’ve seen them, please don’t tell a soul.
What you can’t see, can’t be very whole.

Speak to me of summer, long winters longer than time can remember,
Setting up of other roads, travel on in old accustomed ways.
I still remember the talks by the water, the proud sons and daughters that,
In the knowledge of the land, spoke to me in sweet accustomed ways.

Mother life, hold firmly on to me.
Catch my knowledge higher than the day.
Lose as much as only you can show.
Though you’ve seen them, please don’t say a word.
What I don’t know, I have never shared.

Ii. disillusion
(squire)

Loneliness is a power that we possess to give or take away forever.
All I know can be shown by your acceptance of the fact there shown before you.
Take what I say in a different way and its easy to see
That this is all confusion.
As I see a new day in me, I can also show if you and you may follow.

Speak to me of summer, long winters longer than time can remember,
Setting up of other roads, travel on in old accustomed ways.
I still remember the talks by the water, the proud sons and daughters that,
In the knowledge of the land, spoke to me in sweet accustomed ways.

Iii: wurm (instrumental)
(howe)
[via http://www.lyricsfreak.com/y/yes/starship+trooper_20148503.html ]

And last, but not least, this rare recording with Steve Howe playing with last week Tonnerre de Brest’s band, Dream Theater. And the funny thing is that they are playing a melody from Drama.

Dream Theater with Steve Howe - Yes Machine Messiah

Steve Howe steps on stage with Dream Theater to perform the 1980 Drama track - Machine Messiah. This is only a short segment of the song.
[via yesmuseum]

Some links to expand the information:
Yes at Wikipedia.

Yes World webpage.

Yes at MySpace.

2 comments:

Guely of Sweden said...

In any of his formations Yes (of course some better of others)a great group. Never simple. Always letting you enjoy their pleasurable complexity and making you feel intelligent for loving them (whenever that's true or not)

Valentín VN said...

Well, that's sometimes the problem with prog rock. Some people thinks that this music is way too serious.
That's the reason I choosed this song and this recording. They are way too fun!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

This Week in Tonnerre de Brest - Recent Posts

Share this Blog

Share TONNERRE DE BREST.

Meet me

Meet me at Twitter and Facebook
Valentín VN's Twitter
    Follow Valentín VN on Twitter
    ¡Picotea conmigo!
    Mis grupos:
    Valentin VN's Google+