Looking for something? In Tonnerre de Brest there are plenty of things!

All About Valentín VN

Translate TdB

Read Tonnerre de Brest in your language

English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified  TdB RSS - Feedburner

April 15, 2009

4

Linkin Park, No More Sorrow.

[via tinypic]

Another band that I am fan. To me this band is one of the most interesting groups that were spawned this latter years.

This rock/hip-hop band is an infinite mixture of new ideas from musical areas to artistic perspectives. Let’s start.

My main hero is Mike Shinoda, the rap MC, second singer (sometimes the first) and keyboard a guitar player. That’s a lot of things, but add to this list his production chores and his work in his personal music project, Front Minor. The way he tries to conceive the song from a loop, a phrase or a lyric.

Let’s uncover the other heroes. Chester Bennington, the singer has a magical voice. Some people say that his voice is the composition of three tones, sounding altogether. What I can notice is that his voice sounds so young, so powerful and defines the work of his group so well that many of us musicians must admire him and envy his voice.

Joe Hann is the DJ of the band. He is creative and adds many impossible sounds to the song that defines also the Linkin Park trademark. Brad Delson is the guitar player, and has evolved from a junior player to a real professional. His guitar playing is not an out-of-this-world thing, but it works nicely and supports the rock sound of the band.

Sometimes I don’t feel that Phoenix, the bass player, plays an important role in the band. The bass lines are only supportive of the guitar and that is not enough. But this band has a Hip-hop component and bass lines need to be like this. Perhaps that’s the reason, but being a bass player, I’d love to hear something more complex.

And drummer Rob Bourdon, another player that started as an amateur and now plays like a real rocker. In my opinion, he improves his techniques more than Brad.

The song that illustrates this post is from his latest studio album Minutes to Midnight. But it comes from the new live release, Road to Revolution – Live at Milton Keynes. And it is a great show. As powerful as Live from Texas, but with three albums to choose from.

Some links to look at:
Linkin Park Official Page.

Linkin park Fan Site.

Official Linkin Park YouTube Channel.

Official Linkin Park My Space.

Linkin Park Spain.

Wikipedia.

Linkin Park - Live at Milton Keynes - No More Sorrow

Linkin Park Projekt Revolution Live at Milton Keynes (Road To Revolution)Directed by Blue Leach © 2008 Warner Bros. Records Inc., A Warner Music Group Company.
[via collegeboy2k9]
Are you lost, in your lies
Do you tell yourself I don't realize
Your crusade's a disguise
Replace freedom with fear you trade money for lives
I'm aware of what you've done

[Chorus]
No, no more sorrow
I've paid for your mistakes
Your, time is borrowed
Your, time has come to be replaced

I see pain, I see need
I see liars and thieves abused power with greed
I had hope, I believed
But I'm beggining to think that I've been deceived
You will pay for what you've done

[Chorus]
No, no more sorrow
I've paid for your mistakes
Your, time is borrowed
Your time has come to be replaced

Thieves and hypocrites
Thieves and hypocrites
Thieves and hypocrites

[Chorus]
No, no more sorrow
I've paid for your mistakes
Your, time is borrowed
Your time has come to be replaced

No more sorrow
I've paid for your mistakes
Your, time is borrowed
Your time has come to be replaced

Your time has come to be replaced
Your time has come to be erased
[via sing365]

4 comments:

Doctor Krapp said...

Un excelente grupo.

Valentín VN said...

Viniendo de ti, es todo un elogio para ellos, estimado doctor.

Fermín Gámez said...

Coincido contigo, Valentín, en tu admiración por el grupo.

Son de los únicos grupos cuya música tengo fija en el multimedia del móvil y que escucho sin parar.
Hay algunos de sus temas, como In the end, o Easier to run, que para mí son imprescindibles.

Valentín VN said...

Veo que también te va el rock, Fermín. Dos canciones estupendas las que mencionas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

This Week in Tonnerre de Brest - Recent Posts

Share this Blog

Share TONNERRE DE BREST.

Meet me

Meet me at Twitter and Facebook
Valentín VN's Twitter
    Follow Valentín VN on Twitter
    ¡Picotea conmigo!
    Mis grupos:
    Valentin VN's Google+