Looking for something? In Tonnerre de Brest there are plenty of things!

All About Valentín VN

Translate TdB

Read Tonnerre de Brest in your language

English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified  TdB RSS - Feedburner

October 07, 2026

0

The Shifting Labyrinth 7

Click to expand previous episode recap

You reached a chamber of records, discovering that the house is a clockwork engine. You attempted to force a manual override, triggering a violent mechanical inversion of the entire structure.

The Shifting Labyrinth

Session 7: The Inversion of Self

October the Seventh | The Engine Breaks


I scramble toward the records with trembling fingers, desperate to anchor my fracturing mind. As I sift through the thousands of yellowed tags, my gaze locks onto a mirror that ripples like black water. It reflects not my own haggard face, but a younger, resolute version of myself seated at a mahogany desk. The image speaks in my own voice, warning me that this Labyrinth is a prison of my own design—a loop of logic I once constructed to house a secret too heavy for the waking world.

You pulling the manual override lever

The reflection’s words dissolve into static as I lunge for the red-handled manual override lever. I ignore the groans of the seized gear beneath my feet, which threatens to fold the floor into a jagged, hungry maw. My resolve is tested to its absolute limit as I brace myself to pull the mechanism, forced to reconcile the man I was with the ghost I have become. Just as I throw my full weight against the lever, a deafening, metallic shriek tears through the chamber. The room violently pitches, and the entire Labyrinth begins to invert, pulling the rug of reality out from under me and plunging my fragmented memories into the very engine I sought to break.

EVENT LOG: OVERRIDE ATTEMPT

Resolve Test: ⚁ ⚂ (SUCCESS)

Awareness Test: ⚁ ⚁ (SUCCESS)

CHARACTER STATUS

Stability:
10/13

Attributes: Resolve 2 | Awareness 2 | Adaptability 2
Inventory: Memory Fragment (1/1)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

This Week in Tonnerre de Brest - Recent Posts

Share this Blog

Share TONNERRE DE BREST.

Meet me

Meet me at Twitter and Facebook
Valentín VN's Twitter
    Follow Valentín VN on Twitter
    ¡Picotea conmigo!
    Mis grupos:
    Valentin VN's Google+