Looking for something? In Tonnerre de Brest there are plenty of things!

All About Valentín VN

Translate TdB

Read Tonnerre de Brest in your language

English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified  TdB RSS - Feedburner

October 10, 2026

0

The Shifting Labyrinth 10

Click to expand previous episode recap

You discovered that the Labyrinth is an infinite prison filled with your own failed iterations. As the machine reactivated, you were forced to flee through a collapsing abyss of grinding gears.

The Shifting Labyrinth

Session 10: The Epicenter

October the Tenth | Four Days to Silence


As the floor disintegrates into a roaring abyss of grinding gears, I plummet through the heart of the Labyrinth. Frantically, I discard my blistering, warping armor—it has become a molten cage rather than a shield—and reach out to grab a ledge anchored by an alternate, desperate version of myself. In that fleeting, agonizing contact, the horrific truth hits me: we are both merely fuel for this insatiable engine.

I scream into the deafening cacophony as the voices of a thousand past iterations synchronize into a single, terrifying, hive-mind command to reset. I force my mind to ignore the terror, mapping the shifting gear patterns to find the only viable path toward the central core while clinging to wreckage to deflect the razor-sharp shrapnel tearing through the air. With a final, lung-bursting effort, I navigate the rotating blades and swing into the engine's central chamber. Below me, the chasm of my own failed selves is crushed into black dust by the machine’s violent, systematic reactivation. I stand alone at the epicenter, shivering and shattered; the silence here is heavy, and I have only four days left to stop this heart of iron before it consumes me entirely.

EVENT LOG: THE DESCENT

Adaptability Test: ⚁ ⚂ (SUCCESS)

Awareness Test: ⚂ ⚂ (SUCCESS)

Resolve Test: ⚁ ⚁ (SUCCESS)

CHARACTER STATUS

Stability:
8/13

Attributes: Resolve 2 | Awareness 2 | Adaptability 2
Inventory: None (Armor discarded)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

This Week in Tonnerre de Brest - Recent Posts

Share this Blog

Share TONNERRE DE BREST.

Meet me

Meet me at Twitter and Facebook
Valentín VN's Twitter
    Follow Valentín VN on Twitter
    ¡Picotea conmigo!
    Mis grupos:
    Valentin VN's Google+