Looking for something? In Tonnerre de Brest there are plenty of things!

All About Valentín VN

Translate TdB

Read Tonnerre de Brest in your language

English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified  TdB RSS - Feedburner

July 14, 2010

0

The Bangles, Manic Monday (1986).


The first thing you notice when you see that video the first time is that it is performed by an all-women band. It is a pity that it has to be something special. When I learn music in my class there was as many boys as girls but it seams that if they are not the singer of the band, it is difficult to find they in other places. And an all-woman line-up is something that fans simply appreciate.


The second thing you notice is that is is a Prince song. As I read in Wikipedia, he was after Susana Hoffs (and who could blame him) and the gift was this song that fall down from another project. And the song lived in this other band as #2 in the charts (#1 was Prince's Kiss, not bad from a single artist, don't you think?)

Here is the song. I could have choose to present Walk Like An Egyptian or Eternal Flame


Six o'clock already 
I was just in the middle of a dream 
I was kissin' Valentino 
By a crystal blue Italian stream 
But I can't be late 
'Cause then I guess I just won't get paid 
These are the days 
When you wish your bed was already made 

It's just another manic Monday 
I wish it was Sunday 
'Cause that's my funday 
My I don't have to runday 
It's just another manic Monday 

Have to catch an early train 
Got to be to work by nine 
And if I had an air-o-plane 
I still couldn't make it on time 
'Cause it takes me so long 
Just to figure out what I'm gonna wear 
Blame it on the train 
But the boss is already there 

All of the nights 
Why did my lover have to pick last night 
To get down 
Doesn't it matter 
That I have to feed the both of us 
Employment's down 
He tells me in his bedroom voice 
C'mon honey, let's go make some noise 
Time it goes so fast 
When you're having fun
[via lyrics007]

Images taken from Wikipedia (single cover) and Bangles Sonarnavigator (the band). Both are interesting links. 

If you want to listen more songs from ARTIST.
Click on the Spotify Link bellow:

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

This Week in Tonnerre de Brest - Recent Posts

Share this Blog

Share TONNERRE DE BREST.

Meet me

Meet me at Twitter and Facebook
Valentín VN's Twitter
    Follow Valentín VN on Twitter
    ¡Picotea conmigo!
    Mis grupos:
    Valentin VN's Google+