Looking for something? In Tonnerre de Brest there are plenty of things!

All About Valentín VN

Translate TdB

Read Tonnerre de Brest in your language

English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified  TdB RSS - Feedburner

July 22, 2009

2

Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here.

[via taringa]

Last week we listened to Incubus own idea of a Wish You Were Here song. Today is the most popular Wish You Were Here song ever written: Pink Floyd’s.

Pink Floyd is, as it couldn’t be any other way, one of my favourite prog-rock bands. I know songs from this band from all their recordings and I wish to share with you today this cool version of the Wish You Were Here (from the 1975 homonymous recording) played alive in a reunion concert.

I enjoyed this recording back in the eighties, when I grew up listening to more complex bands than I used to. And Wish You Were Here was the second Pink Floyd LP that I own after The Wall (which I bought at the same time as Kiss’ Creatures of the Night, what a crazy day!!).

So I listen and learnt. And I learnt how to maintain an atmosphere, how to mix rock and real electronic music. And how music could take you to the “next level” whatever it is.

Here I offer you this amazing version of Wish You Were Here along Saucerful Of Secrets from Live at Pompeii, another of my favourite videos, Learning To Fly, one of the best songs from the New Pink Floyd and the inevitable Another Brick in the Wall. Enjoy. I’ll sure do.

Pink Floyd Reunion-Wish You Were Here

This happened at Live 8, and it was a turning point for the music world.

ASWELL, JOIN THIS FACEBOOK GROUP http://www.facebook.com/gro...
[via crimsonnail]
So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?
And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have you found? The same old fears.
Wish you were here.
[via lyricsondemand]

Pink Floyd-Saucerful Of Secrets

Saucerful Of Secrets live at Pompeii
[via MrGrimbleGromble]

Pink Floyd-Learning To Fly

I taped this video from MTV on the day it premiered. By the following day it was gone and I have never seen it again. Nobody that I've showed it to has ever seen it. Sorry for the poor quality, but the VHS tape is very old and some quality was lost in transferring it to .avi format
[via cewagner]

Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall

[via reaction7281]

Pink Floyd’s links:
Pink Floyd in England.

Pink Floyd in USA.

At Wikipedia.

2 comments:

Juan Duque Oliva said...

Estos si que son un clásico

Me encantan

Valentín VN said...

Sin lugar a dudas, Juan. Además, no cansa nada volver a escucharles una vez más.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

This Week in Tonnerre de Brest - Recent Posts

Share this Blog

Share TONNERRE DE BREST.

Meet me

Meet me at Twitter and Facebook
Valentín VN's Twitter
    Follow Valentín VN on Twitter
    ¡Picotea conmigo!
    Mis grupos:
    Valentin VN's Google+