Looking for something? In Tonnerre de Brest there are plenty of things!

All About Valentín VN

Translate TdB

Read Tonnerre de Brest in your language

English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified  TdB RSS - Feedburner

November 26, 2008

0

Children of Bodom, Everytime I Die.

[via Alecho]
Children of Bodom is a finish band leaded by Alexi Laiho and his song Everytime I Die is one of his most popular productions. It was released as the single and video-single of their third Album, Follow the Reaper.

[via Oídos Sucios]

The band was impresive at that time, and created an album in record time. Even a song (Kissing the Shadows) was composed, finished and recorded in one day. That is not something you could see in modern productions very often.

Everytime I Die was an instant hit. The video, quite crude and effective, was very popular in Finland and in Sweden (were the album was produced), reaching the Top 10 of this countries for some days. Something that make me envious, because this could be impossible here in Spain.

The song has a very special pathos that reach from a calm expectation to nervous riffs. Guitar by Alexi Laiho and Keyboards by Janne Wirman rival in virtuosity in their respective solos. The whole band is composed of virtuoso players. Roope Latvala as a second in command in the guitar chores and Henkka Seppälä (bass) and Jaska Raatikainen (drums) give foundation to this Melodic Death Metal Band.

You can see more of Children of Bodom at his official page and at his MySpace.

Here is the embed of the video-single.

[via COB Official]

The faint blaze of the candle
of my life slowly dying
like a fire in the pouring rain.
No sparks of hope inside,
no shooting stars on my sky.
on broken wings, no flying high.

Another night, another demise,
Cadaverous wind blowing cold as ice.
I`ll let the wind blow out the light,
'Cuz it gets more painful Every Time I die.

Out of strength to fight,
I cannot take another night.
I cannot take it no more,
Lust of light slips through my fingers.
Like blood drips off my arms,
Black candle wax has buried me.

Another night, another demise,
Cadaverous wind blowing cold as ice,
I`ll let the wind blow out the light,
'Cuz it gets more painful everytime I die.
[via Sing 365]

And if you are not convenced of the virtuoso playing, check this other video where Alexi Laiho and Roope Latvala play a fragment of Vivaldi’s Four Seasons. Flawless playing, accurate time and fingers faster than the eye!

[via Solid Danjc]

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

This Week in Tonnerre de Brest - Recent Posts

Share this Blog

Share TONNERRE DE BREST.

Meet me

Meet me at Twitter and Facebook
Valentín VN's Twitter
    Follow Valentín VN on Twitter
    ¡Picotea conmigo!
    Mis grupos:
    Valentin VN's Google+