Looking for something? In Tonnerre de Brest there are plenty of things!

All About Valentín VN

Translate TdB

Read Tonnerre de Brest in your language

English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified  TdB RSS - Feedburner

November 11, 2009

5

Ultravox, Vienna.

[via iorel69]

Ultravox is a band that I automatically relate to the 80s, but they start as a Roxy Music-Bowie influenced band.

In the early 80s, the band was almost over until Midge Ure debuted as their singer (did you know that he played with thin Lizzy). And then came Vienna in 1980, a fenomenal success.

Reap the Wild Wind is also one of my favourite New Wave Songs, but I recomend this platinum song, Vienna for today. Enjoy

Vienna (Official Music Video) - Ultravox

Official promo video for Vienna by Ultravox.
[via officialultravox]
We walked in the cold air -
Freezing breath on the window pain
Lying waiting

A man in the dark in the picture frame
So mystic and soulful.
A voice reaching out and a piercing cry

It stays with you until
The feeling is gone
only you and I
This means nothing to me

This means nothing to me

Oh Vienna -

The music is weaving -
Haunting notes pizzicato strings

The rhythm is calling
Alone in the night as the daylight brings a cold empty silence
The warmth of your hand and a cold grey sky

It fades to the distance.

The image is gone
only you and I
This means nothing to me

This means nothing to me

Oh Vienna -

This means nothing to me

This means nothing to me

Oh Vienna.
[via asklyrics]

5 comments:

Doctor Krapp said...

Ese Vienna es más que un simple tema en mis recuerdos de los días de vino y rosas.

Valentín VN said...

Por lo que sea, este grupo siempre tuvo mi aprecio. Eran muy originales dentro de la New Wave y eran como el estilo, pero para mayores.

Me encantaba también "Reap the Wild Wind".

Bruce said...

Gran grupo. Tengo un recopilatorio en vinilo, Vienna y Dancing with Tears in My Eyes son mis favoritas.

Guely of Sweden said...

Tengo 8 discos, lo que mas o menos dice de cuanto me gusta este grupo. El LP de Midge Ure con la canción If I Was, también es muy bueno. Vienna fue la primera canción que escuche de ellos y, aunque siempre me pareció un poco sombría, me engancho a seguir atento al resto de sus trabajos.

Valentín VN said...

Bruce, Dancing with tears in my eyes es otra de las mejores.
Guely, yo también empezé con esta canción y luego me enteré de más cosas de ellos. No tengo tantos discos de ellos ;-) pero te aseguro que me gustan mucho.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

This Week in Tonnerre de Brest - Recent Posts

Share this Blog

Share TONNERRE DE BREST.

Meet me

Meet me at Twitter and Facebook
Valentín VN's Twitter
    Follow Valentín VN on Twitter
    ¡Picotea conmigo!
    Mis grupos:
    Valentin VN's Google+