Looking for something? In Tonnerre de Brest there are plenty of things!

All About Valentín VN

Translate TdB

Read Tonnerre de Brest in your language

English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified  TdB RSS - Feedburner

December 09, 2009

3

Talking Heads, Burning Down the House.

[via sheriffratings]

Talking Heads’ Stop Making Sense is my favourite Live Video Recording. It is so brilliant and intelligent that to me this is the goal to achieve as entertaining your audience.

From the first song, with David Byrne playing alone with a tape recorder to a complete set where the extended band (the quartet plus other musicians) fill all the gaps. And then, when you less expected, Byrne creates a theatrical experience and comes out wearing the oddest outfit I’ve ever seen on stage.

[via browngrrrl]

And the songs… What a music! I’m not really a Talking Heads diehard fan. I love their music (and David Byrne solo career too) and I have some CDs, but I listen to them scarcely, but when I do, I feel pleased with their work. They were great creators.

So today I offer you one of their most popular songs, Burning down the house, and a part of the show.

One last thing, the cover of The Name of this Band is Talking Heads is one of my favourites. I love it!

Talking Heads - Burning Down The House (Live)

[via beimertown]
Watch out you might get what you're after
Cool baby strange but not a stranger
I'm an ordinary guy
Burning down the house

Hold tight wait 'til the party's over
Hold tight we're in for nasty weather
There has got to be a way
Burning down the house

Here's your ticket pack your bag; time for jumpin' overboard
Transportation is here
Close enough but not too far, maybe you know where you are
Fightin' fire with fire

All wet yeah you might need a raincoat
Shakedown thieves walking in broad daylight
Three hundred sixty five degrees
Burning down the house

It was once upon a place sometimes I listen to myself
Gonna come in first place
People on their way to work say baby what did you expect
Gonna burst into flame

My house S'out of the ordinary
That's right Don't want to hurt nobody
Some things sure can sweep me off my feet
Burning down the house

No visible means of support and you have not seen nothing yet
Everything's stuck together
I don't know what you expect staring into the TV set
Fighting fire with fire

Burning down the house
[via sing365]

If you want to listen more songs from TALKING HEADS.
Clic on the Spotify Link bellow:

3 comments:

Juan Duque Oliva said...

Un disco imprescindible, que de recuerdos y de bailes echados

Un abrazo

Doctor Krapp said...

Geniales y ese vídeo es imprescindible dentro de los más imprescindibles.
Me tienes que explicar como se colocan enlaces del Spotify, yo lo tengo, y que sean de acceso general.

Valentín VN said...

Es uno de los mejores, Juan, no hay duda. Y me ha encantado tu avatar. Muy elegante.

Doctor, lo de los enlaces es muy sencillo, pero no está muy aparente. Sobre lo que quieras (una canción, un disco o un artista)haces clic con el botón derecho y copias el HTML. No se puede editar, son así de complicaditos, por lo que he tenido que dejarlo así.

Aún así, me parece una idea estupenda para dar ejemplos musicales en el blog, más allá del video incrustado desde YouTube.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

This Week in Tonnerre de Brest - Recent Posts

Share this Blog

Share TONNERRE DE BREST.

Meet me

Meet me at Twitter and Facebook
Valentín VN's Twitter
    Follow Valentín VN on Twitter
    ¡Picotea conmigo!
    Mis grupos:
    Valentin VN's Google+