Looking for something? In Tonnerre de Brest there are plenty of things!

All About Valentín VN

Translate TdB

Read Tonnerre de Brest in your language

English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified  TdB RSS - Feedburner

August 19, 2009

2

Mudvayne, Not Falling.

[via allthings that rock]

With Mudvayne, sometimes you have the feeling that there is always more than meets the ear. Is it Math Rock (complex mathematical patterns) or pure Metal harsh wall sound? Well, they are both and none.

My first contact with them was as a colourful band with strange names and cool cosplay. But I read about them in guitar, bass and drum magazines. So I found the way they work before listening to them. And their ideas about music, instrumental techniques and life philosophy that I become a fan of this band before I bought a CD.

And when I listened to their work I get hooked! They are as interesting as their image. No expectatives, only realities.

This song is one of my favourites. Perhaps it is not the most advanced and daring, but it is so cool and so well crafted that I think you will find it interesting. Enjoy!

Mudvayne - Not Falling


Mudvayne - Not Falling (video)
Cargado por zhangliao. - Ver más clips de música, videos en HD!


Always, known in, all my time,
a little left of center now
reflect as i realize,
that all i need is to find the middle pillar
path to sit like the sun by a
star in th sky and just be.
sinners, casting stones at me

I...I stand, not crawling, not falling down
I...I bleed the demons that drag me down
I...I stand, (for nothing), not crawling,
(the center), not falling down
(of calms within the eye)
I...I'll bleed, (for no one), the demons,
(but myself), that pull me down
(for me and no one else)

goodbye, sunshine, i've put it out again, sad
I'm over, personalities, conflicting,
I don't need you, or anyone, but me
I'll just be, living my own life,
I feel my glowing center grow, infecting
I feel alive and
shovel dirt over lime,
plan it in myself to sit like a seed under
covers of earth and just be
sinners, pointing fingers at me

I...I stand, (for nothing), not crawling,
(by myself), not falling down
I...I'll bleed, (for no one), the demons,
(but myself), that drag me down
I...I stand, (for nothing), not crawling,
the center), not falling down
(of calms within the eye)
I...I'll bleed, (for no one), the demons,
(but myself), that pull me down
(for me and no one else)

Come play kill.
Refuse my body, refuse my shadow
stone cold will
refuse to lead this, refuse to follow
bitter pills
refuse to feed this, refuse to swallow,
i'm fueled godless

Come play, come play
kill
just be, just be

I...I stand, (for nothing), not crawling,
(by myself), not falling down
I...I'll bleed, (for no one), the demons,
(but myself), that drag me down
I...I stand, (for nothing), not crawling,
(the center), not falling down
(of calms within the eye)
I...I'll bleed, (for no one), the demons,
(but myself), that drag me down
(for me and no one else)
[via sing365]


2 comments:

Juan Duque Oliva said...

¿Son extraterrestres de verdad?

Valentín VN said...

Son unos tipos originales.
Tratan de dar con fórmulas para hacer entretenido su Show.

No siempre lo consiguen (en cada disco de los primeros cambiaron sus nombres hasta que se dieron cuenta de que era una tontería).


Lo de disfrazarse para hacer música es gracioso. Los Kiss lo hicieron muy bien y hay muchos que les imitan. Ellos se ponen caretos raros para cada video y cada disco.

Lo malo es que en directo ya no se maquillan tanto. Tocan una música un tanto complicadilla (cambios de ritmo, técnicas instrumentales innovadoras y más gaitas) y no les queda más remedio que concentrarse.

Pero lo hacen bien. Son buenos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

This Week in Tonnerre de Brest - Recent Posts

  • The Shifting Labyrinth 1 - [image: The Shifting Labyrinth] Session 1: The Threshold of Echoes October the First | A Descent Into Memory ------------------------------ The air here ...
    2 days ago
  • The Ruined Tower 22 - The Ruined Tower - Final Victory The Ruined Tower Campaign Journal • September 30th Click to expand previous episode recap By coordinating stealth, dive...
    3 days ago
  • The Ruined Tower 22 - The Ruined Tower - Final Victory The Ruined Tower Campaign Journal • September 30th Click to expand previous episode recap By coordinating stealth, dive...
    3 days ago
  • The Ruined Tower 21 - The Ruined Tower - Final Confrontation The Ruined Tower Campaign Journal • September 30th Click to expand previous episode recap The party interrogated ...
    4 days ago
  • The Ruined Tower 18 - The Ruined Tower - Session 18 The Ruined Tower Campaign Journal • September 26th Click to expand previous episode recap Niles successfully scouted the s...
    1 week ago
  • The Ruined Tower 17 - The Ruined Tower - Session 17 The Ruined Tower Campaign Journal • September 25th Click to expand previous episode recap Securing a dark order letter bea...
    1 week ago
  • The Ruined Tower 17 - The Ruined Tower - Session 17 The Ruined Tower Campaign Journal • September 25th Click to expand previous episode recap Securing a dark order letter bea...
    1 week ago
  • The Ruined Tower 16 - The Ruined Tower - Session 16 The Ruined Tower Campaign Journal • September 24th Click to expand previous episode recap The adventurers barricaded thems...
    1 week ago
  • The Ruined Tower 15 - The Ruined Tower - Session 15 The Ruined Tower Campaign Journal • September 23rd Click to expand previous episode recap Niles successfully scrambled awa...
    1 week ago
  • The Ruined Tower 14 - The Ruined Tower - Session 14 The Ruined Tower Campaign Journal • September 22nd Click to expand previous episode recap Elanna and Darkblade effectively...
    1 week ago

Share this Blog

Share TONNERRE DE BREST.

Meet me

Meet me at Twitter and Facebook
Valentín VN's Twitter
    Follow Valentín VN on Twitter
    ¡Picotea conmigo!
    Mis grupos:
    Valentin VN's Google+